Monday, February 22, 2010

Finding Myself

Just a girl...

I've been thinking about the things that really define me lately. Who am I?? I seem to have lost myself somewhere over the past few years and am desperately trying to find that person again. I'm pretty sure that I know where, why, how, and when the "real" April was lost, but now I have to search...

Pretty sure the "real" April....

*doesn't take crap from anyone, stands up for herself & others, and has a backbone.
*is grouchy when she's tired. Get over it.
*is able to manage her life, finances, emotions, and relationships.
*has opinions. They may not be the majority, may not be right in sync with what conservatives believe, and may be expressed periodically on a soapbox when no one really cares.
*loves Jesus, but doesn't cram it down others throats.
*is respectful, tolerant, and loving toward those who are different or believe differently.
*loves being a girl. Big sunglasses, hair appointments, nails, and make-up. It's me, okay?? Plain just doesn't work for me.
*likes to read, write, think, learn.
*enjoys being by herself sometimes and enjoys even more not talking at all sometimes.
*likes to hang out with her family & friends.
*loves to drink a pina colada every now and then.
*hates conflict, but isn't afraid to face-off with it.
*loves the thrill, smell, and overall feel of late night dirt track racing.
*likes to go see new places, but is terrified of a bridge.
*is not always right. In fact, can be very wrong sometimes.
*loves movies. All movies (except sci-fi geeky ones)! She loves to be scared to the point of peeking through her fingers through an entire horror movie. She loves to laugh out loud at a raunchy comedy. She loves to try to figure out the plot of action/thrillers. And she loves to cry during a sad chick flick.
*loves to take care of people.

So... if anyone sees this girl out there somewhere, then please let me know. I've caught a few glances of her lately and really just need her back!

Muah
April

No comments:

Post a Comment